I am a warm weather kind of girl, so this past week while everyone has been complaining about the hot (80-90 degree) weather, I have been quite happy. In Maine, you really only get a few short weeks of weather like this, so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. Plus, it cools off a lot at night, so with a fan I can sleep with no problem.
Since it has been so warm, on Saturday morning we headed out to Popham Beach State Park. We tried to go to this beach last year, but duh, we brought our dog along and no dogs are allowed on the beach, so we had to turn around and head home... But this year we did it right, we left Dutch at home (poor puppy), got there early so we could park in the parking lot (so as to avoid dragging Isaac and our stuff 1/4 mile down the road), and we got there at low tide (due more to luck than planning). Low tide great because the beach was huge and there were shallow pools of water everywhere where Isaac could play without me being afraid of him drowning. All he really needs is a few inches of water and he's happy. Plus since the pools where so shallow they were really warm. He liked to lay down in them and kick his arms and feet. He put on quite a show. We brought his sand toys, but we mostly ended up carrying those around because all he wanted to do was run, fall down, and splash in the water. We ate our lunch on the beach and headed out at about noon. Isaac of course fell asleep in the car...
2 comments:
Ooohh...the beach where "Message in a Bottle" was filmed. How exciting!
By the way, the "this post has been removed by the author" was me. I made a typo in the first comment I tried to leave, and decided to just delete the whole thing.
Post a Comment