Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Quiet Time?
Since Isaac has officially given up napping, I decided to insist on a daily quiet time. So today after lunch I set him up with his books, stuffed animals and an old alarm clock. I told him he wasn't allowed to come out of his room until the alarm went off. I set it for 30 minutes, and walked out the door, fully expecting him to walk out after me. But he didn't. He actually stayed in his room the entire time. He spent approximately 25 minutes yelling "mommy" and 5 minutes doing something quietly, hopefully looking at books. But I am not complaining. No napping has certain advatages, namely an earlier and much easier bed time. And if this quiet time thing works out, I will be a happy mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Remember how Mom and Dad used to make us have "quiet time" every Sunday afternoon, just so they could take a nap? Now I can't wait to take naps on Sunday!
Post a Comment