Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Veggie Tales




Isaac usually doesn't get into watching TV or videos- which in my opinion is kind of a bummer. He prefers to spend his day literally running all over the house leaving a path of toys behind him. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have him sit still for like 10 minutes- even if it is to watch TV. The other day my friend Sarah gave me an extra veggie tales DVD she had. Isaac seemed pretty excited by the case, so I figured I'd pop it in. He got a big smile on his face when he saw the giant talking tomato come on the screen. He was laughing and pointing at the TV. Jackpot- now I can use the bathroom in peace and maybe load the dishwasher too!
Yeah- he watched the tomoato for about 15 seconds and then proceded to turn off the TV- a new trick for him. Then he returned to running around the living room. Since the DVD was still playing he would stop running every few minutes and turn the TV back on, laugh and point for another 15 seconds and then turn the TV off again. For him it is just another pit stop in between jumping on the couch and chasing the dog.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Can't you just tie him down every now and then? I'm sure he wouldn't mind.