Thursday, September 28, 2006

All Ready!!

OK- baby girl DeWitte can arrive anytime now. Her room is finally ready for her! It only took 3 coats of paint (plus 1 coat of primer) to cover the green that was originally on the walls. We really hope the baby doesn't turn out to be a boy because neither Matt nor I feel like repainting. Yes, I helped paint- it was well ventilated! (I painted our bedroom when I was pregnant with Isaac and he seems fine....)
There are no curtains or pictures on the walls, but at least everything is painted and her crib is set up.


pretty in pink -which was the first color Isaac learned, (Matt quickly taught him blue)


Isaac is looking out the window at the "big trucks" next door- the neighbors are building a sunroom which has offered many hours of entertainment for him!

Grandpa- I painted the cradle you made white- it looks so cute with her other furniture!

Isaac wonders why his chair has been moved to a different room.

Don't worry we are planning on replacing it with a blue couch- the one I had in college- I'm sure he'll be thrilled!

We are now a 2 crib family!!
Isaac knows that this is where the baby will sleep, but for right now he likes us to put him in it so he can use it as a trampoline

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby's room looks so cute. Can't wait to see it in only 2 more day's!! I'm sure Isaac will love the blue couch, it has such a history. I never thought it would get that much use when I bought it for $50.00!

Lisa Block said...

Is that the blue couch that Amanda and I borrowed for our Sophmore year in Eicher/Lefevre? I have pictures of that couch!

Amanda said...

Lisa - same couch! It really got around.