Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Days

Isaac started preschool last week! He goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-11:30. I chose this preschool program for him because it almost entirely about play and getting along with other kids. They also have story time, and a craft every day, and show and tell once a week, but there is very little academic focus. I figure he will have plenty of that in the future, and from me at home right now, but preschool should just be an experience to be away from mommy for a few hours learning about playing with others, waiting your turn and sharing.

So far he is very happy. The only unhappy person is Kaylee (because she wants to stay and play too.)


Isaac on the steps with his backpack


Kaylee by his side with all her accesories...






The neighbor boy Jack started first grade this year so his mom made him a cake (with m&m's) for his first day of school. Isaac was over there playing and saw it and insisted he have the same cake on his first day.

I obliged him...


Can you guess what it says?





Just as a note: 3 year old lemon cake mix (purchaed at fFood Lion in VA) plus vanilla frosting plus dark chocolate m&m's is not a great combination. I didn't think it would be, but I wasn't too concerned because Isaac just REALLY wanted a first day of school cake, and he'll eat anything (and I bought the m&m's for me...) But I should have warned Matt before he ate a piece...



Isaac also started (well, not really, since he went this summer as well) swimming lessons last week. It is a continuous program, 30 mintute sessions (you can chose 1 or 2 a week- we do 1). While it doesn't seem like an overly effective way to teach swimming, Isaac loves going (now- not at first) and I can already see skills that he has learned. So hopefully we'll be able to keep it up.
He's the one on the right waiting his turn to jump in the pool

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaylee has a way with accesories. Cake was very cute, maybe not to tasty,but cute. Mom