Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strawerries!



We picked strawberries last week. Sadly, I was unable to get a picture during the actual picking...somethings about wrangling the three kids while actually trying to pick some berries



I did get a picture of some of the damage...yeah that shirt might be ruined



Abbie ate sooooo many strawberries at the patch that she was not allowed to have any more for lunch!





Kaylee helped me slice some up for everyone to snack on




making jam!





just one batch this year, I want to try to branch out and make some other jams this summer ...we have been eating only strawberry jam since last June!



later the kids wanted to make strawberry juice...that would be water plus a few mushed up strawberries..mmm



mmmm. that was good shortcake




All in all, lots of fun and lots of yum...I still want to try to make some homemade fruit leather...we will see how that turns out...




















3 comments:

Amanda said...

You're so industrious, and you do make killer strawberry shortcake!

Anonymous said...

Fruit leather...Do you need a dehydrater for that? I have one you can borrow. Looks like you all had fun(sorta). Mom

Anonymous said...

Raspberry Jam is very good too, although raspberries are expensive to buy and nasty to pick. Mom