Ahh, Christmas. What a wonderful (and busy!) time of the year. This Christmas was wonderful though, filled with many happy memories. We did a lot, but not too much. Thanks to my friend Jen I had advent activities all planned out at the end of November. This really decreased my stress because I was able to choose what was important and know that I would have time to do it (well, most of them anyway). Maybe next year I will do a better job at documenting all that, but for now a sampling of our December...
 |
| two little elves decorate the tree |
 |
| Abbie and Dutch were not much help with the tree decorating |
 |
| Abbie got less helpful as the afternoon went on... |
 |
| after the tree was up they turned it into a fort and wanted to eat all their meal s in there....for three days! |
 |
| just a sample of the many christmas crafts we did this year |
 |
the annual gingerbread house decorating...he might be an architect some day
 |
Kaylee's gingerbread house (made by dad since she was sleeping on the couch with a fever for the entire afternoon!)
|
|
 |
| At the Santa Parade, downtown Rockford |
 |
| Isaac's school program (front row, 2nd from left) |
 |
Church program (practice) Kaylee got to ring the bells this year (she's the 2nd from right)
|
 |
Isaac (in the middle) as a shepherd holding a sheep in the church Christmas program
|
 |
| Would it be Christmas without a trip to the Critter Barn? (Kaylee, Aviela, Isaac) |
 |
| Christmas at the DeWittes, most of the kids were either sick, recovering, or coming down with something, another Christmas tradition (Isaac, Nathan, Kaylee, Katie, Abbie) |
 |
| Abbie with Mema |
 |
| Isaac with his pile, that's a happy look I promise! (And he did have a fever...) |
 |
It was an American Girl accessories Christmas for Kaylee, and by accessories I mean lots of large items that I need to find a place for in her room
|
 |
These PJs made the day (because they matched Katie's of course!) She immediately put them on and didn't take them off until the next morning |
 |
And last but not least, Abbie rocking an old cabbage patch kid (who needs new toys?) at Nana and Grandpa's/ Notice Gramps "fire" in the background!
|
1 comment:
Great pictures of the kids decorating the tree!
I remember when Kaylee wore the dress Abbie has on in the pictures with the DeWittes.
Post a Comment